Friday, 22 April 2016

Ewe Are How Old? - 50th Birthday Card

Hello. I couldn't resist doing a cheeky card for my friend's 50th birthday.


Instead of 50 candles on a cake, I have 50 sheep on a hill.

It was inspired by one of Barbara Gray's demos on the last Hochanda show, although Barbara used nice phrases like "Ewe are special", "Ewe are my sunshine" and "I love ewe".


I had no clue how much room 50 sheep were going to take up, so I started on the bottom of the card and worked my way up. I numbered the masks as I did them so that I didn't lose count. 

When they were all safely covered, I placed the torn paper so that a couple of them were above it and brushed in the hill.


I then used a Spectrum Noir pencil to add a bit of colour under their feet.


I used a mixture of Clarity stamps and a stencil to do the inside. She's a fellow Labrador owner so I had to get one of those in somewhere.

It's funny, whenever I buy cards I tend to go for humorous ones but as a stamper it's not something I make that often. I so enjoyed doing this one!

Stamps and Stencil Used
Labrador - Thank You Framer

Don't forget that Paul Church is on Hochanda tomorrow (Sat 23rd April) with three shows - 11am, 2pm and 6pm.

Lynne
x

5 comments:

  1. Fab design idea, love the play on words x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet ewe got fed up with masking all those sheep! Great card and love the humour. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Lynne - all those masks!! Such a fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one patient lady cutting all those masks! this made me chuckle, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I read and appreciate them all. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...