...............but today it's about this one. For once I took photos as I went along so let me explain what happened.
To start with I used my stamping in a circle technique (the post about that is here) to work out that I needed a circle with a 152mm diameter to position the four dolphins.
Using a compass I drew that on my card and quartered the circle so that I knew where to stamp each dolphin. I drew the outside square in pen so that I could see where to trim it when I'd done the Gelli print.
I then masked them off so that when I took the Gelli print the dolphins would remain untouched.
The Gelli print is the "Happy accident". I wanted a nice watery look for the background and I chose three colours for this - Phthalo Turquiose, Pistachio and Buff Titanium, letting each layer dry before I added the next.
Phthalo Turquoise went on first. I blotted a lot of it off to end up with a mottled effect.
Then I added a layer of Pistachio and used the Ocean Swirl stencil to create my waves. It was at this point that I realised that my beautiful waves would be covered up by the first layer. I should have done them the other way around!
Still, I carried on, adding a layer of Buff Titanium before taking the print. It may not have been the pretty waves that I was after but it is swirly and I rather liked it.
To finish it off the words were stamped in black Archival and heat embossed with clear powder. The edge was inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I then sponged on some grey ink to the dolphin's heads and some grey and black mats.
Stamps and Stencils Used