This is the original. Can you spot my mistake?
Yep, instead of using the stencil on the left, which was going to be on TV, I stupidly used the one on the right, which wasn't!
I couldn't believe it when I realised. In need of some sympathy, I told the other members of the DT what I'd done. I was so annoyed with myself that I couldn't see a way around it but the always helpful Dee Paramour came to my rescue.
Dee said "Can't you cut the top off and still use it?". I calmed down a bit, had a think and realised that I could. Phew! Thank you Dee!!!!!!!! x
I extended the branch out to the side of the card and and cut along the top of it.............
.........The black totally disguises the join.
I then drew around the leaves and coloured them in with a black ProMarker. As I'd used the incorrect stencil to start off with I'd sponged black ink through the stencil, but I could also have done the rest of it with this method.
Well that's how I rescued it, but this is how I made it - The first thing I stamped was the flowers. I used black Adirondack ink for this as I wanted to use my ProMarkers to colour them in. I then masked them and the sides of the card off so that I could work on the scene.
I added some Wee Folk to add interest to the background and found the perfect sentiment to tie it all together - No matter how you spend your day - hope it's perfect in every way.
Thanks to Dee my day got a whole lot better. I really hate things getting the better of me and I was so glad that this didn't!!!!!
Stamps and Stencils Used