I started off with a piece of white card.............
............and created the background with the help of my Gelli plate.
I squidged the Antique Linen Distress Ink onto the Gelli plate and spread it out using a brayer. I then used Barbara Gray's technique of scrunching up a ball of copy paper to create a pattern in the ink before taking the print.
I marked the half way point along each edge, so that I could see where the stencil needed to go, and applied Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink with a blending tool.
After repeating that in each corner I ended up with this.
I stamped the heart and congratulations in Versamark Ink and heat embossed it in detail gold powder.
I also gave it a gold edge. To do this I positioned about a cm of the card over the edge of my desk then wiped the Versamark pad along it at about a 45° angle. I then applied the detail gold powder and heat embossed it.
I went over some areas a couple of times to build up the colour.
I masked off the heart and sponged on some more Distress Ink to make it stand out more. Luckily I'd kept the mask I'd made the last time I used this stamp so that saved me one job!
To finish it off I made another print for the base card and added a few birds.
That was a long one! I'm glad I remembered to take the photos though as it makes it so much easier to explain...............well I hope it does!
I can't wait for my next post - I'm going to share my birthday present. It's something a bit different but I hope you'll like it. It certainly inspired my friend Connie as she bought lots of bits on our last coffee, cake and shopping morning to have a go herself.