I've been playing with my Gelli plate again, it's such fun. I love it for framing a stamped image.
I built the print up layer by layer, using different colours and masks. I wanted the frame to be quite dark so I kept going until I got the effect I wanted. I then added some black Distress Ink around the edge and a fine black wiggly line around the inside.
The Alliums are stamped in black Archival and the quote and bird are heat embossed in gold. There is some gold paint used in the print so I thought that would bring it all together.
That's it really. Simples!
I'm off out shopping with a friend today but tomorrow is going to be Gelli Day. I would like to make 3 more samples using it, so I'm going to try and get creative (messy!) and see what happens. Experimenting is what it's all about after all.