I had a fab day at Doncaster yesterday. I don't get to meet up with fellow crafters very often so it was lovely to be able to do that. I also had a fab time watching Barbara demonstrating the Gelli plate. I picked up a lot of tips and bought several of the gorgeous new stencils. I then spent yesterday afternoon practising what I'd learnt. It didn't get an "It's not one of your better efforts" from Mum and Dad so I think I must be improving!
Anyway, back to my June samples. In the past when I've made cards like this I've used patterned papers but this time I thought I'd make my own Clarity wallpaper. I used the Camelia stamp, Adirondack ink in Mountain Rose and I ink, blot, blot, plotted it. This required a lot of concentration, not one of my specialities! I ink, blot **** the first time so I had to start again. It's a good job that no one could see me sat in my craft room saying to myself "Ink, blot, blot, plot" over and over again!
The carpet was done using the same ink applied with an Ink Duster.
The wrought iron furniture is stamped in Versamark, then heat embossed with gold fine detail powder.
The Clarity Characters are stamped in black Archival.
I found some lovely Bazzill card in my stash that matched really well and finished the card off with some matting and layering. It is embossed with the Spellbinders Garden Lattice M-Bossibilities folder as I thought this went well with the wrought iron.
I think Lily's boudoir looks a lot prettier than the magnolia woodchip in mine!