It's one of those that I call a labour of love as there was quite a bit of masking.
I taped the stencil in place and then masked off each square with Post-its so that I didn't contaminate the adjoining ones. I then used make-up sponges and Distress Inks to colour in the squares.
When all of the squares were coloured I removed the stencil and again masked off each individual square.............
...............so that I could stamp the wooden Horse through to create the pattern. I prefer to do it this way, rather than through the stencils (which are thicker), as it's easier to get the pattern right up to the edge.
This was taking forever but luckily I soon came up with a quicker way.
I made apertures for each colour on a sheet of copy paper (I drew around the shapes with a pencil and cut them out with a craft knife). It made the job a lot easier.
Eventually I ended up with this. As I don't have a very steady hand I put the stencil back in place to draw in the black outlines.
I did quite like it as it was but I thought it was better with the horse as it shows where the pattern comes from.
Stamps and Stencils Used
Back to making next month's cards.