This is my main card design for this year.
I got quite a little production line going and this is the first batch of 20.
I thought it would be quite a simple design, with just three stamps involved, but I rather under estimated the work involved in making them! I simplified the colouring of the window stamp as much as I could but they still took quite a while.
I cut the DL blanks out of A4 card and did the stamping on the spare piece. To lessen any mistakes with positioning, I cut sticky notes to the size of the verses and stamped the window in the gap. I then removed them and stamped a verse above and below. I did think about putting them all on one large block but I thought there was a good chance that they might not all stamp evenly.
I masked off the window frame, snow, robin and moon with Eclipse Tape before inking in the sky.
The window frame and robin are coloured in with Spectrum Noir pencils. I also used a grey one to add some shadow to the moon. A clear Sakura Stardust pen was used to create stars and Glamour Dust was added to the snow on the tree. You have to have a bit of sparkle at Christmas!
After all that work it was lovely to save a bit of time with my personalised stamp for the insert. Such a great idea.
Hopefully I will be more organised next year but I think if you read this blog back I probably said that the last couple of years too!
O Christmas Tree (window)