This was the first of the Gelli print cards that I made for this month's samples. I saw the Happy New Year stamp and the silhouette characters and thought they could be having a New Year's Eve party.
The Gelli print was a really simple one. I brayered orange, red, and yellow acrylic paint onto the mat and then stamped the Allium stamp into it to make a pattern. I cut a small rectangle of card and pressed it onto the Gelli plate to remove some of the paint before taking the main print. This leaves a more subtle print behind in the centre, which I've edged with a black pen and stamped the characters in with Archival black ink.
I also used Archival black to stamp the greeting and some more Alliums. They make fab fireworks and the characters seem to be having a great time - I think Douglas had better watch out as Laurel looks like she's about to give him a New Year's kiss!
I added some Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges and a thin black mat to finish it off.