Thankfully it went more smoothly than this card did - it nearly caused me to quit crafting! I thought that the two new floral stamps would make a lovely trifold Mother's Day card but I just couldn't get it to look right. I wasted so much card, trying green mats, blue mats, embossed card, plain card etc. before I finally settled on this design.
The base card is Snow White Gold Centura Pearl. The stamping is done with Versamark and heat embossed with gold detail powder. The flowers are coloured in with Spectrum Noir pencils.
The plastic mesh is one of those things that's been lurking in the bottom of my embellishment box for years but it was the perfect colour for this project - I knew it would come in useful one day!
The card was embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.
I added some Card Candi to the floral panels and a decorative strip cut with a Spellbinders Persian Accents die to the end panel.
When folded up it looks like this. Quite a simple card yet I dread to think how long I spent on it!!!!!!
I'm going to make my own Mother's Day cards at the weekend - let's hope they don't give me as much trouble!