Making it nearly had me in tears!
I thought it would be nice to do a little snowy woodland scene in the middle of a Treescape Gelli print. I masked off the central panel, so that I would have a clear area to stamp in, and took a print using the large Treescape stencil. You never know how Gelli prints are going to turn out but I was really pleased with this one; it was nice and crisp and the areas around the stencil were clear. Great for adding colour to. I placed the stencil back in place and used Weathered Wood Distress Ink to do this.
The next step was to stamp the scene in the aperture that I'd created. I didn't want to get ink on the Gelli print so I carefully masked it off before I began.
I thought it was all going well until I got to the stage where I removed the masks..........
.............I'd only done the stamping upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cue very bad words and nearly tears!
After a vent and some encouraging words on FB I decided the only thing to do was to make another stamped panel and stick it on top. I liked the Gelli print too much to completely start again.
It's not a "clever" one layered card any more but I rather like the co-ordinating green mat that I put it on. I also changed the colour of the cabin to better match the Gelli print.
I finished it off with Merry Christmas in German. This was stamped with the Letter Box set - I used green ink for the boxes and navy for the text.
It may have given me a lot of grief but it all turned out for the best. I think I prefer the second version.