...........but in the end I was really pleased with it.
I started off by making the purple Gelli print frame. The central panel was masked off when I did this to leave a nice white area to stamp on.
I stamped the floral image first and then placed the square Leaf 2 stencil over it. I drew around the leaf outline to create the edge of the flower/leaf and inked the edge in Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I used the same stencil to draw in the two leaves. I wanted the stalk to be a bit longer so I drew that by hand.
I coloured the image with ProMarkers.
I liked the floral image and the Gelli print frame but it was looking a bit plain. I decided to add some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink around the flower to add a bit more interest. It looked awful!!!!!!! I was so annoyed with myself that I'd messed it up after all that work and nearly threw it in the bin.
Instead I left it on display and tried to think of how I could rescue it.
I noticed the circles in the Gelli frame where I'd used the Dotty Wave stencil over the Ocean Swirl one and thought I could add some more of those. I put the stencil over the image and lightly brushed some more Mowed Lawn ink through. I also added some to the circles in the Gelli print which had white centres.
I think it totally transformed it and I went from hating it to loving it again. Phew!
Plant a Garden from the Repositionable Garden Set