It also took me a long time to decide how to use the Stage stencil - Should I emboss it, colour it with ProMarkers or ink etc. In the end I found some fab embossed red paper by Kanban in my stash that reminded me of brocade curtains, so I decided to paper piece it (cutting out the parts of the stencil in different papers).
I made it into a theatre card (how appropriate) although I kept the back flat as I didn't want too much dimension.
This is the back section. I drew around the pieces of the stage stencil and cut them out with scissors. The Marionettes and Hands were also cut out after being stamped on Theuva card. They were coloured in with ProMarkers and then stuck in place.
I didn't want the Marionettes' strings to stand out too much so I drew them in with a pencil. The pattern on her dress was made with one of the petals from the Butterfly and Petals set (Lesson 9).
I did apply Versamark ink to the masks at the back of the stage but it's very subtle and I don't think it really shows up in the photo.
For the front section I added 2cm to the width. I then scored each side at 2cm and 3cm with my Hougie Board. The aperture was drawn following the shape of the stencil and cut out with a craft knife.
The curtains were cut out the same way as the back and I cut out the little row of lights at the front to add some more interest. By this point it was turning into a bit of a labour of love.
I think the rest of the DT felt the same way as there were so many fab samples with this set and everyone had done theirs slightly differently. I always love seeing how everyone uses the same products in their own way. I hope you like my version.
Stamps and Stencils Used