The base of it is a Gelli print. The first layer is Buff Titanium acrylic paint, then I used Process Magenta with the Double Bubble stencil to create the pink layer. I kept the print really plain as I didn't want it to distract from the stamping.
Once I had the Double Bubble print it was just a case of filling in all of the apertures. This took a while!
You can stamp through the stencil, but when I was making my Hubby's Birthday Card I found a technique that worked better for me (I forgot to mention it when I blogged that card) as I wasn't always getting a perfect impression. I made a thinner, paper version of it and used that to stamp through.
|My stencil for Hubby's card My stencil for this card Original stencil|
For Hubby's card (which used the larger Double Bubble stencil) I used thin copy paper and cut them out with a craft knife. If you look closely at that you can see that I wasn't too precise with my cutting but it still worked fine. For this card I cut out a replica in vellum with my Cameo (I use vellum for things like this with my Cameo as it's thin and gives a nice crisp cut).
Then I masked off each aperture one at a time and, using Black Archival Ink, I stamped in different sections of the Garden Heart stamp until I had filled all of the apertures.
As I mentioned before, I've finally got some more Distress Markers so I used them to colour in the images. I got quite engrossed in this and failed to notice what a mess I was making.
After all of that work I wasn't going to start again, so I just trimmed the border off. I thought I'd share it though. It might give you a laugh and I can say "Don't do that!"
Once I'd cut it out I mounted it onto a fancy black mat that I'd cut on my Cameo and added some pink Distress Ink around the edge of the card. I'm not one for embellishments but I thought it needed a little something, so I looked through my verses and found an appropriate one. You can see that on the completed version at the top; I think it finished it off nicely.
Stamps and Stencils Used